Rainbow Kits provide early childhood education settings with everything they need to be LGBTQ, diverse family and gender inclusive.
Rainbow Kits are LGBTQ and gender inclusive toolkits for preschools in Napa County. Kit materials align with the NAEYC Anti-Bias Goals for early childhood education.
Each kit includes (but is not limited to):
- LGBTQ, diverse family and gender inclusive books with discussion bookmarks
- LGBTQ and gender inclusive toys
- Gender Inclusive Language Magnet
- Lessons Plans and Activities
- Suggested Toy Invitations
- Policy and Statement Recommendations
- Family Engagement Materials
- Rainbow School Checklist
- Multicultural Art Supplies for Activities
- Cajas Arcoíris están disponibles en Español
All providers requesting a Rainbow Kit must first attend a 2-hour training (virtual or in-person) prior to utilizing the Rainbow Kit in the classroom.
First 5 Napa County can also provide additional coaching and support throughout the school year and provides a monthly newsletter with tips for best practices with the Rainbow Kit to all trained providers.
Contact Anne if you are interested in a Rainbow Kit for your school or classroom.